Sunday 9 August 2009

The Gym a place of pain and pleasure!

Well started going to the gym last Saturday, which was just a swim and relax really, and amazingly Vikkie who used to work with ages ago (not going to say how many years!) was in the jacuzzi so we caught up quickly and we are now gym buddies. We made another more serious attempt on Wednesday evening, Walker 20 mins, this is when I realised my recent op (gall bladder removal) had definitely taken its toll on my fitness. I was shattered, we did a few free weights and I'd had enough. Vikkie carried on whilst I cried off for a coffee (black no sugar, well sweetners!) She joined me shortly after for a coffee and then went off for a swim. I sat and read my own novel which I hadent touched for yonks, and actually quite enjoyed it, (note to myself, get writing again girl). Anyway, they say no pain no gain etc. so Im making more effort now to get fitter and Im off to the gym this afternoon, but actually the visits to the gym are quite pleasurable as well, all the sweaty blokes working out, rippling mussles everywhere. Must increase my visits! - I have to go to the gym as went to Vikki (my other friend) and Robs for dinner last night, and I just have to work it off now - naughty girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment